Founded in November 2012, by Noah Clyman, LCSW-R, ACT, NYC Cogntive Therapy has remained committed to the following principles:
- To provide psychotherapy services that are first & foremost evidence-based, meaning we don't just think they work, but they are proven in research to be effective.
- To remain affordable and accessible - We are committed to making CBT available for everyone. We offer competitive rates and a sliding scale for clients with moderate/low incomes. If you wish to use your insurance, we will provide all of the paperwork needed to submit for out-of-network reimbursement.
- To teach the client to be his/her own therapist - Therapy is not necessarily short-term, but it is time-limited, goal-oriented, and solution-focused. We will teach you tools to improve your mood and solve problems. These are tools you can use not just now, but for the rest of your life.
- To have a collaborative spirit - At NYC Cognitive Therapy, we believe that both therapist & client bring a unique and valuable role: client is the expert on themselves, and the therapist brings a knowledge and understanding of human psychology and skills to reduce suffering & improve life satisfaction.
- To provide highly-individualized therapy - In our practice, CBT is not robotic or overly manualized. We strive to incorporate strong relational skills (understanding, collaboration & interpersonal effectiveness--warmth, concern, confidence, genuineness, & professionalism) with the latest in CBT conceptualization, strategy & technique.
- To be inclusive and non-judgmental - Our stance is to provide services in an empowering, diversity-conscious manner that respects and celebrates difference. E.g., kink-friendly, sex positive, LGBTQ-affirming.
- To give back to the community - NYC Cognitive Therapy believes in giving back. We offer pro-bono therapy to a select number of clients who are unable to afford the cost of private psychotherapy. Clients are referred through the organization Milestones NYC, to learn more visit their website: Milestones, NYC .
- We are the regional clinic for the National Social Anxiety Center (NSAC).